Thursday, November 11, 2010

Monkeys and Turtles and... Wood, Oh My!

So I guess it's about time I actually post some examples of the work I've been doing lately.  I'm in three studio classes this semester, but for now I'm just going to focus on my 3D media class.

Project 1


It is a sock monkey fashioned out of wire.  Pretty straightforward.  It's arms are posable.  Well, kind of.  They sort of just flop around, but that's what sock monkeys do!

Project 2



This project was a doozy.  We could make pretty much anything we wanted out of cardboard but the thing is some part of it had to be able to support a person's weight and therefore create an opportunity to interact with it.  Like so:

Let me tell you, building the grid to go inside that turtle shell alone took me like 3 hours. I should have taken a picture...

Project 3

Abstract wood sculpture!  That I also painted!  Yeah, this one is also pretty straightforward.  You may find it interesting that all we were given to begin with was a 2x4 plank of wood.  And that was IT.  No additional wood was allowed (well I used a couple pieces from the scrap bin.  But I had permission!)
My favorite sculpture so far :)

I am currently in the middle of working on project number 4, so be excited.  
That's all for now!


PS.  We are starting our Flash animation projects in my other class.  I am so ready for thisss.

3 comments:

  1. I so love this. You are brilliant. You're a masterpiece in and of yourself. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Becca!! I really appreciate that, you're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, Sydni, these are beautiful. :)
    If I was in a 3d class, I wouldn't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete