Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just Keep Walkin'



Aw man, check out this rough lookin' thing.

Despite the sketchyness of it I am actually quite pleased with how it's coming along!  I've been reading 'The Animator's Survival Kit' and trying to apply some of the fundamentals myself.  Gosh, I can't even believe the difference it's making here!  I never realized just how important timing really was, which in retrospect seems extremely foolish.  When I worked with my charcoal and drawing paper I had no way of keying ahead and plotting out extremes or anything, so I was forced to just sort of wing it.  That is fun and has its own creative advantages, but overall I really like being able to plan out the actions and then fill in the betweens.  So nice! 

I am going to polish this walk up and then hopefully do another one with some more personality to it.  Wow, after just a little bit of reading it feels like this all makes so much more sense to me now!  Like, the pieces are falling into place in my head and now I just can't wait to start experimenting with what I've learned.  There's still such a long way to go but this kind of thing is very encouraging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment