Monday, March 21, 2011

Outfit 03



Gorgeous gorgeous weather here today!



So I've noticed that I still haven't seemed to settle on any one particular "style" of drawing digitally.  I don't know why I feel like it's so hard for me to really get comfortable with any one particular way of going about it.  Like, drawing digitally for me in and of itself is really rather challenging, not to mention trying to figure out all the technical nit-picky things like settings and stuff.  It feels awfully limiting as far as range of motion is concerned.  I'm a pretty, well, energetic drawer I guess?  I like to put a lot of my body into it and really get my arms moving from the shoulder and not just the elbow or wrist.  You know what I mean?  That's why I prefer large sketch pads by far over sketch books and other small formats.  It's also why I really prefer softer media like charcoal or conté that can be manipulated more directly and quickly than pencil (for me anyway).  But I guess that in a way that's also just me being biased and a little stubborn.  I'm going to keep trying to get used to all sorts of different mediums and be more well-rounded in that regard.


Huh.  And that ends my totally unintentional rant thing.  Sorry about that!

Well spring break for me was sort of like the calm before the storm.  Things are going to get real busy real fast around here so my posts are going to become much less frequent.  
Good luck to everyone as the semester begins to wrap up, let's all keep working hard and finish strong!




ps.  I got my hair cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment