Friday, April 15, 2011

Just a Moment


Oh my gosh.  I have been so very, very stressed lately.  
You know how sometimes you feel like you have SO much to do that just the very idea of all that work sort of paralyzes you with fear, and as a consequence you end up doing close to nothing at all?  
Story of my life.

Anyway, I still feel really bad about leaving my blog empty for a whole week.  I didn't even realize until yesterday it had been that long.  Unfortunately I have nothing new or interesting to show, so I looked through my files and found this old sketch that I still kind of liked.  It has been generously cropped in order to spare you all my hideous neglect to human proportioning.




I think it may be worth revisiting in the future.

By the way, over the last few weeks since my angsty Thinkin' post I have been immersing myself in research about the more technical aspects of animation.  I still feel pretty strongly that learning the craft itself, as in the literal drawing and understanding of movement is best done through practice and real-life observation, but it's still nice to know that there is a set of "rules" to fall back on whenever I'm stuck.  Lately I've been pouring over forums and creeping heavily on more student animations trying to learn about different compositing methods, and observing just how people implement them in their final product.  

The quality of work that student-level artists out there are able to produce continues to blow me away, and it's always amazing to discover that there are just so many different ways to go about animating, each format with its own unique benefits.

I'm learning more everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment